Spaulding Township was organized in 1858. Thirteen years later, Peter and Orissa Hess deeded this site to the first school district of the township for the sum of ten dollars. Local farmers erected the first school in 1875. That structure was replaced in 1915. Ten years later, fire destroyed the second building. However, in less than a years time, the present red brick schoolhouse, the third to stand on this site, was erected and opened for use. This 1925 structure has served the community schools for over fifty years.
Get Email updates